School system based on modern demands and meeting international standards is one of the priorities of the Georgian society. Accordingly, school system and academic process management is at the forefront of attention. MA programme in General Education Administration offered by International Black Sea University aims at nurturing general education administrators who have a deep comprehension of general pedagogical and psychological aspects of education, as well as possess specific knowledge of particular aspects in general education administration – educational leadership and administration, education policy, general education legislation and local and international experiences in general education system management.
Academic personnel of International Black Sea University and directors and administrative personnel of some secondary schools in Tbilisi were involved in the programme preparation process. In addition, recommendations from National Center for Teachers’ Professional Development and National Center for Education Quality Enhancement were taken into consideration. Accordingly, the programme has been refined and is aiming at providing students with valuable theoretical knowledge, supporting them to develop practical skills and interest in general education research and practice. The quality of teaching and learning is ensured through experienced academic personnel, rich library and student-centred academic context.
According to Agreements with IBSU partner universities students have an opportunity to participate in various international exchange programs.
Scope of Employment
Administrative personnel in the field of general education – middle or top management at schools, primary and secondary school director, administrative personnel at educational institutions. Additionally, there is a perspective to continue studies at doctoral level.
Admission to the Program
A Person is Admitted to the Programme if
- He/she holds a BA or its equivalent diploma
- Passes B Type test of Unified National Exams for Masters(for Georgian citizens);
- Passes the university internal exams in specialty and English language
- Those candidates who have international English language certificate equivalent to B2 level (TOEFL IBT, IELTS and FCE) are not required to take the exam in English language,if according to the program admission requirements English language is considered as a foreign language.
- Those candidates who have graduated from educational program (instruction language – English) during last three years and their GPA is at least 75 (out of 100) or 3(out of 4), are free from passing English language examination.
Admission of International Students:
Language of Instruction: English
Programme Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
Awarded Qualification: Master of Education in Education Administration
Tuition Fee for Georgian Citizens: 3540 GEL
Tuition Fee for International Students: 7800 GEL
- -20% A master’s student, who will register at IBSU between 26 August – 10 September 2019.
- -15% Siblings;
- Graduate School
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (+995 32) 2595005/06/07 (147)