MA in International Relations and Politics is an English language program offering a vibrant atmosphere for learning to a limited number of students. Because of the small classes and qualified professors both from Georgia and beyond, the program provides a unique opportunity for academic growth for its students through fully immersing them in academic discourse, dynamic discussions, constructive debates, etc. The program has a strong research component as well as a particular focus on Georgia, its foreign policy and immediate neighborhood. Finally, apart from the core courses that teach students the essence of International Relations and Politics, students can enjoy a wide range of elective courses in order to specialize in their particular field of interest.
MA students of International Relations and Politics will be able to work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, state structures responsible for foreign policy and national security issues, namely, foreign relations departments of various Ministries, international organizations, NGOs working on international relations and national security issues, research centers, etc. Besides, MA graduate can continue studies in Ph.D. program to increase his/her competence and qualification.
Admission requirements for Georgian citizens are:
- To hold a BA or its equivalent diploma;
- To pass Unified National Exams for Masters;
- To pass the university internal exams in specialty and English language.*
* Taking an English language exam is not required for those candidates who:
- Have international English language certificate equivalent to B2 level (TOEFL IBT, IELTS and FCE);
- Have graduated from English educational program during last three years and their GPA is at least 75 (out of 100) or 3 (out of 4).
Admission requirements for international students:
Language of Instruction: English
Programme Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
Awarded Qualification: Master of Social Sciences (International Relations)
Tuition Fee for Georgian Citizens: 5100 GEL
Tuition Fee for International Students: 7800 GEL
- -20% for the local applicants, who will register at IBSU between August 26 – September 7, 2021;
- Fixed tuition fee of 2500 GEL for the local graduates of IBSU Bachelor programs;
- -25% for the international graduates of IBSU Bachelor programs;
- -15% for the siblings simultaneously studying at IBSU.
- Graduate School
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Tel: (+995 32) 2595005/06/07 (151)