The purposes of the program are: to provide students with contemporary knowledge of education administration and to prepare qualified specialists in education administration who are able to be the leaders and administrators of the field according to contemporary requirements who will be able to help improve education in their countries in order to stimulate its development; to train education administrators both in general pedagogical and psychological aspects and particular issues of education administration, such as leadership in education and experience of various countries in administering the system of education; not only to form the corresponding to the field knowledge and skills that will enable them to be employed both nationally and internationally, but also to develop student’s study skills, learner’s autonomy, in order to enable them to continue their education on the further (doctorate) cycle and independently. With this purpose in the educational process students will obtain a certain amount of theoretical knowledge of the field (education administration, pedagogy, and psychology), which is offered by a number of courses, and will be involved in a great number of independent activities (projects, presentations, and reports).; among the values, that program graduates will develop, are interest towards education administration research and practical experience, and respect towards principles humanistic and student-centered pedagogy and readiness for their dissemination.
Administrative personnel in the field of education (governmental offices and NGOs dealing with education, educational institutions. Lecturers of education courses, subject teachers. Also, students can continue studies on the doctorate level.
Admission to the Program
A Person is Admitted to the Programme if
- Student of the program can become a person with a bachelor degree or a degree equaled to it. Besides, the applicant needs to have either a bachelor degree in education or at least one year’s experience in education (administrative or teaching). Also the applıcant may have the teacher’s training 60-credit certificate. According to Georgian law, Georgian citizens will pass Unified National exams for admission to MA, while enrollment of international students takes place according to Georgian legislation. Besides this, all candidates have to pass internal exams at University. Those candidates who have graduated from a program with English as instruction language will have to pass exams only in their specialty, and others will also have to pass an English exam corresponding to B2 level (unless they possess a corresponding international certificate).
Admission of International Students:
Language of Instruction: English
Programme Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
Awarded Qualification: Master of Education in Education Administration
Tuition Fee for Georgian Citizens: 3540 GEL
Tuition Fee for International Students: 7800 GEL
- -20% A master’s student, who will register at IBSU between 26 August – 10 September 2019.
- -15% Siblings;
- Graduate School
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (+995 32) 2595005/06/07 (147)
- Program Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Ekaterine Pipia