Taking into consideration intensive reforms and innovations in education going on, it needs qualified administrators, researchers and teachers to help implement them and study their consequences.
The goal of the program is to provide doctorate students with contemporary knowledge and prepare qualified specialists in education sciences, to develop their research skills. Our aim is to bring up leaders in the sphere of education, highly skilled Doctors of Education in correspondence to contemporary demands who can do research in the sphere of education on international level as well as teach at university or work in education.
The program pays a great attention to giving profound knowledge in the field of education sciences in general-pedagogic knowledge and skills, psychological aspects as well as in specific issues of Education Management or English Language Teaching (according to the concentration the Doctorate student chooses), the experience of different countries in management of educational system.
It is a very contemporary program, with newest educational resources, up-to-date curricula, syllabi, and teaching methods taught by very qualified staff.All graduates and current students work at administrative or academic jobs at schools and universities, some of them at IBSU.The program, since its opening in 2010/2011 education year by 2015 has already prepared 7 academic doctors (5 of them international citizens, whose diplomas have already been recognized in their country).
Research and publication opportunities
Students can hold research in Çağlar educational institutions according to the Memorandum IBSU has with it, publish their articles in Journal of Education in Black Sea Region, participate for free in the annual conference on Education, English Language Teaching, English Language and Literatures in English organized by the Faculty of Education and Humanities at IBSU and annual International Silk Road Conference held by IBSU.
Knowledge of education sphere and its administration, as well as professional / academic English, ability to make up and assess curricula and syllabi, prepare and hold practical and scientific presentations, to write projects and do research in education, write scientific papers and reports
University lecturer (Educational/ English Language Teaching courses, according to the concentration chosen), scientist-researcher, administrative personnel in the field of education.
Admission to the Program
A Person is Admitted to the Program if:
- S/he submits information about education and practical experience of the applicant (CV) – minimum one year of teaching experience is required ;
- S/he submits an article published in a scientific journal in related sphere
- S/he submits Master’s or its equivalent diploma; a BA or MA diploma in Education, English Language Teaching or Psychology or a Teacher Training Certificate
- S/he passes the university internal exams in English language equivalent to C1 level;
- S/he Submits and gets positive assessment for PhD dissertation proposal by a commission.
- Her/his interview based on the proposal will be assessed positively.
- Those candidates who have an international English language certificate equivalent to C1 level or a master’s degree earned in English are not required to take the English language proficiency exam.
Admission of International Students:
Degree awarded: Doctor of Education Sciences
Language of Instruction: English
Duration and Credits: 3 years, 180 ECTS
Tuition Fee for Georgian Citizens: 3540 GEL
Tuition Fee for International Students: 7800 GEL
- -15% Siblings.
- Graduate School
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (+995 32) 2595005/06/07 (147)