BA English Philology programme aims at equipping students with modern knowledge and relevant qualification in the field of English philology which will help them in the formation of their future professional career. Our major objective is to prepare highly-qualified English language specialists who possess knowledge and skills relevant to modern standards and requirements so that they are successfully employed on the Georgian, as well as international labor market.
Philology represents a multidisciplinary field and presupposes learning a language and literature; accordingly, through specific study courses the programme aims at equipping students with practical and theoretical knowledge and cover various aspects of English philology:
– Practical English language;
– The structure of English language;
– The specificity of communicating in English;
– English literature and literature written in English;
– Major trends in the world literature;
– British culture and civilization;
– History of Great Britain;
– The specificity and methodology of teaching the English language and literature (in case a student chooses to study teacher training concentration).
– Georgian citizens are admitted to the program by passing Unified National Exams (detailed information is available at abiturienti.ibsu.edu.ge and www.naec.ge).
– International applicants are admitted to the program by the rules set by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia (detailed information is available at https://iro.ibsu.edu.ge/en/page/admissions).
– Enrolment via mobility is available twice a year. Internal mobility is conducted within a time period set by National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement (detailed information is available at eqe.ge). External mobility is conducted by the rules set by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia (detailed information is available at: www.mes.gov.ge).
Successful graduates have a wide career choice: a teacher of English in a primary, secondary and high school (after taking national certification exams and covering Teacher training educational programme), school administrative personnel (who is required to know English), English language instructor in language centres, assistant in administrative issues in various local or international organisations, and a translator/interpreter (written or oral translation).
Local Students : 2940 GEL
International Students : 7800 GEL
Awarded Qualification: Bachelor of Humanities in Philology
Language of Instruction: English
Information about scholarships and discounts are available at: www.ibsu.edu.ge/ge/internal-grants/
Phone: +995 32 2595006 (137)
Address: 2, David Agmashenebeli Alley,
13th km. Tbilisi, 0131, Georgia
Room: # 302