The only English U.S. foreign affairs master program is the continuation of the Bachelor American Studies multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary program opened first time in Georgia at the International Black Sea University (IBSU) in cooperation with the U.S. Embassy. Uniqueness of interdisciplinary and the multidisciplinary American Studies BA program involving a wide scope of humanitarian disciplines and the students’ great interest towards American History and Politics encouraged us to create the master program in U.S. Foreign Affairs, that will deepen the knowledge of courses: American History, Politics, American Culture and Society and provide more fundamental study of the U.S. domestic and foreign policy issues, linked to unique immigration historic past.
Our conceptual framework will allow students to utilize relevant theories effectively and our placement of the contemporary debates in their historical context.
The mission of the program is to enable students both to see and to assess the forces underlying continuity and change in American foreign policy. Courses included in the program will provide conceptual, theoretical, and historical components appropriate for students to do theoretical research in American Foreign Affairs.
According to Agreements with IBSU partner universities students have an opportunity to participate in various international exchange programs.
Involvement in the diplomatic activity at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or at the International Relations or other appropriate Departments at the different Ministries and Municipal bodies, scientific researches, administrative personnel in the field of International relations.
Embassies, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (American Department), offices of Public Relations, departments of culture, government, Parliament, Museums of History, Archives, committees of foreign relations, universities, NGO-s.
Admission to the Program
Candidates for master’s degree who are citizens of Georgia are required the following to be admitted to the program:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree;
- successfully passing the general master’s exam;
- Passing intra-university exams in the specialty;
- Passing the B2 level foreign language intra-university exam;
Please, consider the following!
- Applicants who have an international certificate proving their knowledge of a foreign language at the B2 level are exempted from passing the foreign language exam;
- The applicant is exempted from passing the foreign language exam if he/she has completed a foreign language educational program;
- For candidates who are not in Georgia, the admission exam(s) for the master’s program can be conducted online;
- In case of equal points, the GPA of the master’s degree candidate is considered in terms of the contest conditions;
- Exam(s) in the specialty are conducted in the program instruction language.
- Application form;
- 2 photos (3X4) (printed and in electronic form);
- Notarized copies of the diploma and the appendix, or the certificate issued by the relevant higher education institution on awarding the degree and a consolidated mark sheet (the IBSU diploma does not need to be notarized);
- Applicants with higher education overseas should present notarized translations of the diploma and appendix, as well as documentation confirming their international education;
- Copy of identification card/passport (for citizens of foreign countries – notarized translation);
- An international certificate confirming the level of proficiency in a foreign language/a document confirming the academic degree obtained as a result of the completion of a foreign language program – diploma and appendix (if any);
- A military registration document issued in accordance with law;
- A Common Master’s Degree Exam Card.
Admission of International Students:
Language of Instruction: English
Program Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
Awarded Qualification: Master of American Studies
Tuition fee for Georgian citizens: 4500 GEL
NOTE: Candidates registering between 20 and 31 August and signing a contract between 11 and 16 September will receive a 30% discount.
Candidates registering between 11 and 18 September and signing a contract between 25 and 27 September will receive a 15% discount.
Tuition fee for international students: 9900 GEL
If you have already earned the right to pursue a Master’s degree at the International Black Sea University, you will receive a 20% discount if you enroll in the registration period specified by the Graduate School. This grant is not subject to the terms of grant maintenance.
For Ukrainian citizen:
A citizen of Ukraine who enrolls in any educational program of the University (at all three levels) will receive a 50% discount on the tuition fee during the study period specified in the program. (4 years for bachelor, 2 years for master, 3 years for doctorate).
The discount applies to:
A) students who will be enrolled from 2022 – 2023;
B) restores the status:
Tel: (+995 32) 2595006 (117)
Head of the Program: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tea chumburidze