The goal of the Doctoral Program in Business Administrationis to provide public and private Academic Institutions and real business sectors with highly qualified specialists who are oriented to achieving goals, solving problems and contributing to the development of field-related spheres and organizations. Leading research at postgraduate level can be an exciting and fulfilling opportunity to explore something in real depth and make new contributions to knowledge.Program allows students to increase their prospects by building a stronger research profile and developing more deep knowledge and expertise in marketing/management/finance areas.
PhD of Business Administration graduate of the program can work both in commercial and governmental organizations by the directions of Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration and other relative directions. Also can continue studies in the field. PhD of Business Administration of IBSU can be employed in: higher educational and scientific institutions; public and private business companies; mass media centers, analytical-informative divisions; as independent business experts.
Admission to the Program
A Person is Admitted to the Program if:
- Information about education and practical experience of the applicant (CV);
- The applicant possesses a Master’s degree;
- If s/he passes the university internal exams in English language equivalent to B2 level;
- If s/he Submits and gets positive assessment for PhD dissertation proposal by a commission.
- If her/his interview based on the proposal will be assed positively.
- Those candidates who have international English language certificate equivalent to B2 level (TOEFL IBT, IELTS and FCE) are not required to take the exam in English language;
- Those candidates who have graduated from educational program (instruction language – foreign language) during last three years and their GPA is at least 75 (out of 100) or 3(out of 4), are free from passing foreign language examination.
Admission of International Students: www.iro.ibsu.edu.ge
For Georgian Citizens: 4500 GEL
For International Students: 9900 GEL
If you are an IBSU PhD student, you will study a PhD program for free if you have one of the following certifications:
- GMAT minimum score 550 – for PhD in Business Administration;
- IELTS minimum Score 7.5, CAE, CPE – for Doctoral Programs in American Studies and Educational Sciences;
- GRE minimum score 155 – for the PhD program in Computer Science.
In case of having any of the above certificates, you should apply to the University Educational Process Management Service with the necessary documentation. If you do not submit the corresponding application by the end of the registration week, you will automatically lose the right to get a discount in the relevant semester.
Language of Instruction: English
Degree awarded: Doctor of Business Administration
Duration and Credits: 3 years, 60 ECTS
Program Coordinator: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Metin Mercan
Tel: (+995 32) 25950006(151)