MA in International Relations is an English language program offering a vibrant atmosphere for learning to a limited number of students. Because of the small classes and qualified professors both from Georgia and beyond, the program provides a unique opportunity for academic growth for its students through fully immersing them in academic discourse, dynamic discussions, constructive debates, etc. The program has a strong research component as well as a particular focus on Georgia, its foreign policy and immediate neighborhood. Finally, apart from the core courses that teach students the essence of International Relations , students can enjoy a wide range of elective courses in order to specialize in their particular field of interest.
MA students of International Relations will be able to work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, state structures responsible for foreign policy and national security issues, namely, foreign relations departments of various Ministries, international organizations, NGOs working on international relations and national security issues, research centers, etc. Besides, MA graduate can continue studies in Ph.D. program to increase his/her competence and qualification.
Candidates for master’s degree who are citizens of Georgia are required the following to be admitted to the program:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree;
- successfully passing the general master’s exam;
- Passing intra-university exams in the specialty;
- Passing the B2 level foreign language intra-university exam;
Please, consider the following!
- Applicants who have an international certificate proving their knowledge of a foreign language at the B2 level are exempted from passing the foreign language exam;
- The applicant is exempted from passing the foreign language exam if he/she has completed a foreign language educational program;
- For candidates who are not in Georgia, the admission exam(s) for the master’s program can be conducted online;
- In case of equal points, the GPA of the master’s degree candidate is considered in terms of the contest conditions;
- Exam(s) in the specialty are conducted in the program instruction language.
- Application form;
- 2 photos (3X4) (printed and in electronic form);
- Notarized copies of the diploma and the appendix, or the certificate issued by the relevant higher education institution on awarding the degree and a consolidated mark sheet (the IBSU diploma does not need to be notarized);
- Applicants with higher education overseas should present notarized translations of the diploma and appendix, as well as documentation confirming their international education;
- Copy of identification card/passport (for citizens of foreign countries – notarized translation);
- An international certificate confirming the level of proficiency in a foreign language/a document confirming the academic degree obtained as a result of the completion of a foreign language program – diploma and appendix (if any);
- A military registration document issued in accordance with law;
- A Common Master’s Degree Exam Card.
Admission requirements for international students:
Language of Instruction: English
Programme Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
Awarded Qualification: Master of International Relations
Tuition fee for Georgian citizens: 4500 GEL
NOTE: Candidates registering between 20 and 31 August and signing a contract between 11 and 16 September will receive a 30% discount.
Candidates registering between 11 and 18 September and signing a contract between 25 and 27 September will receive a 15% discount.
Tuition fee for international students: 9900 GEL
If you have already earned the right to pursue a Master’s degree at the International Black Sea University, you will receive a 20% discount if you enroll in the registration period specified by the Graduate School. This grant is not subject to the terms of grant maintenance.
For Ukrainian citizen:
A citizen of Ukraine who enrolls in any educational program of the University (at all three levels) will receive a 50% discount on the tuition fee during the study period specified in the program. (4 years for bachelor, 2 years for master, 3 years for doctorate).
The discount applies to:
A) students who will be enrolled from 2022 – 2023;
B) restores the status:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (+995 32) 2595006 (117)