Comparative Commercial Law
MA program in Comparative Commercial Law in Georgian language (with English components) has been functioning since 2015 at the Law Faculty of International Black Sea University. The program aims at giving students deep and systematic knowledge in the commercial field, primarily on regulation of private legal relations. Nowadays, acquiring knowledge in any field of Law only on national scale can no longer meet contemporary requirements having crucial importance for any lawyer and for this reason, all disciplines are taught by applying comparative methodology with the recourse to legal traditions of Roman and Germanic, English and American common law families as well as to the European Union Law. Study process is based on comparative approach, gives students opportunity to broaden their horizon and problem-solving ability in an innovative way. Each semester involves participation of foreign specialists alongside with Georgians professors. Diverse list of elective courses allows students to attend the lectures delivered in English by the professors and lawyers from Italy, the Netherlands, Germany, United States, etc.
- Deepening knowledge through the comparative methodology;
- Particular orientation on EU law;
- Courses delivered in English by foreign professors;
- Participation in scientific researches projects, conferences and meetings;
- Access to resources for independent research and opportunity of methodology guidance;
- Participating in international projects;
- Facilitation in employment.
International Black Sea University has concluded partnership memorandums with universities from numerous countries, which provide students with wide opportunities to participate in exchange programs. List of partner universities is available at https://iro.ibsu.edu.ge/en/partnership/networks
Students have opportunities to participate in the Law Faculty research projects. The faculty started the publication of scientific journal, which will alongside classic scientific research these include rubric on research and generalization of empirical data (produced by bodies of justice system). A separate space in the journal is allocated to students’ researches.
Students will be able to participate in conferences organized by the faculty as well as in other scientific events carried out at both – national and international level.
Employment areas of the alumnae:
- Local and international law offices;
- NGOs and business companies;
- Appropriate structures of public sector;
- Consulting companies;
- Other organizations, in need of a lawyer;
Alumni can also pursue the following level of their studies (PHD) – in accordance with the requirements provided by law.
- BA degree;
- National MA Exam (or without it, in cases allowed by law);
- University exam in vocation and English Language (B2) (persons, who have English B2 certificate (TOEFL IBT, IELTS and FCE) or have graduated from English BA program, are exempt from language exam);
Admission of International Students
Language of Instruction: Georgian with English components
Programme Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
Awarded Qualification: Master of law
Tuition Fee for Georgian Citizens 4500 GEL
Tuition Fee for International Students: 7800 GEL
- -20% A master’s student, who will register at IBSU between 26 August – 7 September 2021;
- -15% Siblings.
For detailed information please contact
- Graduate School
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (+995 32) 2595005/06/07 (151)
- Program Coordinator: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vakhtang Zaalishvil