Since 2015, the Faculty of Law of the International Black Sea University has been operating a Georgian-language master’s program in comparative commercial law with English components. The goal of the program is to provide the student with in-depth and systematic knowledge in the commercial field, primarily on the regulation of private legal relations. In any field of law, knowledge acquired only within a national framework can no longer meet the modern requirements of law and therefore, the topics covered in the program disciplines are compared by analogy with Roman, German, English and US common law, as well as European Union law. Comparison-based teaching provides students with the opportunity to deepen their current knowledge, increase their thinking horizons and solve problems in an innovative manner. Foreign professionals are involved in all semesters of teaching together with Georgian specialists. From a wide range of electives, students are given the opportunity to listen to lectures by Italian, Dutch, German and American professors or practitioners associated with the program in English in the field or discipline of their choice.
The field of professional activity of the graduate is:
- Local and international law firms
- NGOs and business companies
- Public service structures with appropriate profiles
- Consulting companies
- Other organizations where staff with legal qualifications are required.
Graduates can also continue their studies at the next level of higher education – PhD in Law, in accordance with the requirements established by law.
- Academic degree of Bachelor of Laws
- General Master Exam (or without it, in cases provided by law)
- University Examination in Specialty and English Language (B2) test (Exempt from passing the English language examination are persons who have been awarded an academic degree of English language Bachelor program or have an International Certificate of Proficiency in English (B2 level) (TOEFL, IBT, IELTS, FCE).
For foreign nationals, see the link:www.iro.ibsu.edu.ge
International Black Sea University has concluded partnership memorandums with universities from numerous countries, which provide students with wide opportunities to participate in exchange programs. List of partner universities is available at https://iro.ibsu.edu.ge/en/partnership/networks
According to the decision № 670727 of the Accreditation Council for Educational Programs, the program is accredited until 08.06.2027.
Degree to be awarded: Master of Laws
Language of instruction: Georgian (with English components)
Duration and credits: 2 years, 120 ECTS
For Georgian citizens: 3540 GEL
For foreign citizens: 9900 GEL
If you have already earned the right to pursue a Master’s degree at the International Black Sea University, you will receive a 20% discount if you enroll in the registration period specified by the Postgraduate School. This grant is not the subject of the grant retention terms.
For Ukrainian citizen:
A citizen of Ukraine who enrolls in any educational program of the University (at all three levels) will receive a 50% discount on the tuition fee during the study period specified in the program. (4 years for bachelor, 2 years for master, 3 years for doctorate).
The discount applies to:
A) students who will be enrolled from 2022 – 2023;
B) restores the status:
The discount applies to:
- a) students who will be enrolled from 2022 – 2023;
- b) restores the status:
- c) mobility
In case of restoration of status and transfer through mobility, the benefit will be used according to the rules of using the internal grant of the University (30 credits per semester, the remaining period defined by the program).
For detailed information please contact
- Graduate School
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (+995 32) 2595005/06/07 (151)
- Program Coordinator: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vakhtang Zaalishvil