International Black Sea University, LLC aannounces an open contest for the following academic position:
International Relations (Language of Instruction – Georgian, English)
- Professor – 1 vacancy for 5 years*
*Candidate is required to sign an agreement of affiliation with the University.
Qualification requirements for Professor:
- Doctor’s or an equivalent degree in the relevant field;
- At least 6 (six) years of scientific-teaching experience;
- At least three years of teaching experience working as an associate professor/professor at any higher educational institution authorized by the State.
- Complying with the requirements defined by the Report on Academic Work (R36I1F1). Collecting at least 200 points is required (At least 50% of the points should be gained from scientific activities (1 – 6 and 9 categories));
- Georgian and English language proficiency (at least B2 level);
Furthermore, in order occupy the academic position of professor, a candidate should fulfill the at least two criteria defined by the first component or fulfill the second component:
- At least one published article in the Science Citation Index Journal (on-paper or electronic);
- Published book (taking into consideration the scientific value of the book that is published by an international publisher or university, the volume shall be minimum 100 pages and the book must not be based on the dissertation);
- Coordinating the international scientific-research/educational project;
- Holding educational/scientific experience at foreign higher educational institution (that is authorized or its equivalent);
- Supervising defended Doctoral Thesis;
- Having citation index (h-index) of at least 3 coefficients;
- Holding an international award/patent.
- Exceptional professional achievements in the relevant direction.
The Commission evaluates the existence of the 2nd component, defined for the academic position of Professor and / or the presence of special professional and / or scientific achievements determined for the permanent academic position of professor.
There is a possibility to obtain academic position based on professional merits. In this case, the qualification of the person may be confirmed by professional experience, special training and/or publications. A person may be considered as correspondingly qualified, if she/he has a qualification necessary for developing learning outcomes and the candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Holds a PhD or equivalent degree NOT in a relevant field;
Furthermore, qualification necessary for developing the learning outcomes are defined in accordance with the following criteria:
- A candidate must have significant working experience in the relevant field at least 10 (ten) years for the professor;
- At least 2 publications in the relevant field and/or the field-specific training during the last 5 (five) years
- At least 1 (one) year experience in the scientific-teaching work activities in higher educational institutions.
- corresponding Language proficiency (B2 level).
Please note that:
- The criteria set out in paragraphs (c) and (d) are alternative. Satisfaction of one of them by the candidate is sufficient, and satisfaction of the criterion specified in paragraph e) and f) are mandatory in conjunction with the criterion specified in paragraph c) or d).
- If the candidate has held an academic position without a scientific paper, in accordance with this rule, within 2 (two) years after the conclusion of the employment contract, the academic staff is obliged to publish at least 1 (one) publication related to the field.
Interested applicant should submit the following documents (in hard copies and electronic form) to the University:
- Job Application (please see the attached document);
- Information form – R19F18 (please see the attached document);
- Copy of ID card. For foreign citizens – notary-approved translation / copy of residential card (if any);
- Notary approved copy of Georgian Diploma and/or notary approved translation of foreign Diploma/relevant certificate. If the diploma is not issued yet, a temporary graduation certificate is necessary. If the diploma is issued by a foreign HEI, it must be recognized under the Georgian legislation by the corresponding body and a copy of the recognition letter is required;
- Document(s) certifying scientific-teaching work experience;
- CV in Georgian and English with at least two references;
- Report on Academic Work (R36I1F1) (please see the attached document) (Do not apply to academic staff appointed based on professional merits);
- List of field relevant scientific articles and publications and their copies (during the last 5 years);
- Syllabus in Georgian and English (if the course is delivered in English) or in Georgian (if the course is delivered in Georgian). The candidate may submit a syllabus prepared not in IBSU format for the contest.
- Book of Job Records or certificate from current/previous job (other than IBSU);
- Documentation / Certificate of Participation in Trainings and Conferences (if available);
- Copy of international certificate of proficiency in foreign language / Curriculum Matching / Copy of higher education certificate in the foreign language (if required). In the case of a document issued in a foreign language – a notarized translation and copy or a document certifying the lecturing in the relevant language;
- Documents confirming a professional merit (if an applicant wishes to occupy a vacant academic position on a professional basis).
Short-listed candidate should additionally submit:
- Police Clearance Certificate for crime against sexual freedom and inviolability and certificate for the right to be employed at educational institution;
- 2 photos (3×4) – printed version as well as electronic (on CD or email);
- Account from “TBC Bank”, JSC;
- Hard copies/originals of all electronically submitted documents.
The commission is authorized to request the candidate to conduct a sample lecture. The sample lecture is delivered in the language of instruction of the program.
Interested person should submit the required documents (hard copy and electronic version) during April 24-28, 2023 (from 14:00 to 16:00) to the Human Resources Management and Development Office of the International Black Sea University. Please specify the position title in the subject line of your email.
Contact number: +99532 2595005 (131/132)
Address: Tbilisi, D. Aghmashenebeli Alley 13th km, # 2.