International Black Sea University announces an academic competition the following positions:
- Professor (2 vacancies for 5 years) – Education Direction; teaching language – English;
- Professor (1 vacancy for 5 years) – American studies Direction; teaching language – English;
- Professor (1 vacancy for 5 years) – Turkish philology Direction; teaching language – Turkish;
- Professor (1 vacancy for 5 years) – International Relations Direction; teaching language – Georgian and English;
- Professor (1 vacancy for 5 years) – Journalism Direction; teaching language – Georgian;
- Associate Professor (1 vacancy for 5 years) – American studies Direction; teaching language English;
- Associate Professor (1 vacancy for 5 years) – Journalism Direction; teaching language – Georgian;
Qualification requirements for Professor:
- Doctor’s or an equivalent degree in the same or related field;
- At least 6 (six) years of scientific-pedagogical experience;
- at least three years of teaching experience working as an associate professor/professor at any higher educational institution recognized by the State.
- Meeting the requirements defined by the scientific-pedagogical activity report. Collecting at least 100 points (50 points must be collected from academic publications/books);
besides collecting required points for this position, it is obligatory to fulfill at least any two criteria out of the first component or fulfill the second component:
- At least one published article in the Science Citation Index journal (on paper or electronic)
- Published book (taking into consideration the scientific value of the book that is published by an international publisher or university, the volume shall be a minimum of 100 pages and the book must not be based on the dissertation);
- Coordinating the international scientific-research/educational project;
- Holding educational/scientific experience at a foreign higher educational institution (that is authorized or its equivalent);
- Supervising defended Doctoral Thesis
- Having citation index (h-index) of at least 3 coefficient;
- Holding an international award/patent.
- Exceptional professional achievements in the relevant direction.
- Corresponding language proficiency (at least B2 level);
Qualification requirements for Associate Professor:
- Doctor’s or an equivalent degree in the same or related fields;
- At least 3 (three) years of scientific-pedagogical experience;
- Meeting the requirements defined by the scientific – pedagogical activity report. Collecting at least 100 points (50 points must be collected from academic publications/books);
- Corresponding language proficiency (at least B2 level);
There is a possibility for qualified candidates to obtain academic positions by the professional merits. In this case, the qualification of the person may be confirmed by their professional experience, special training and/or publications. A person may be considered as correspondingly qualified, if she/he has a qualification necessary for developing learning outcomes and the candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Holds a PhD or equivalent degree in a different field for obtaining the academic position of a professor;
Holds at least Master’s or equivalent degree in the same field/ a PhD or equivalent degree in a different field for obtaining the academic position of an associate professor;
- A candidate must have significant working experience in the relevant field – at least 7 (seven) years for the Associate Professor and at least 10 (ten) years for the Professor;
- at least 2 publications in the relevant field and/or the field-specific training during the last 5 (five) years and
- At least 1-year of experience in scientific-teaching work activities in higher educational institutions.
- corresponding Language proficiency (at least B2 level);
Please note that:
- The criteria set out in paragraphs (b) and (c) are alternative. Satisfaction of one of them by the candidate is sufficient, and satisfaction of the criterion specified in paragraph d) is mandatory in conjunction with the criterion specified in paragraph b) or c).
- If the candidate has held an academic position without a scientific paper, in accordance with this rule, within 2 (two) years after the conclusion of the employment contract, the academic staff is obliged to publish at least 1 (one) publication related to the field.
Candidates are required to sign an agreement of affiliation with the University.
Applicants must submit the following documents (in printed and electronic form) to the University:
- Job Application (see attached document)
- Information form – R19F18 (see attached document)
- Copy of ID card. For foreign citizens – notary-approved translation / copy of residential card (if any)
- Notary approved copy of Georgian Diploma and/or notary approved translation of foreign Diploma/relevant certificate. If the diploma is not issued yet, a temporary graduation certificate is necessary. If the diploma is issued by a foreign HEI, it must be recognized under the Georgian legislation by the corresponding body and a copy of the recognition letter is required
- Document(s) certifying scientific-teaching work experience
- CV in Georgian and English with at least two references
- Scientific-pedagogical activities report (R36I1F1 ) (see attached document) (Do not apply to academic staff appointed based on professional merits)
- List of field relevant scientific articles and publications and their copies (during the last 5 years)
- Syllabus in Georgian and English (if the course is delivered in English) or in Georgian (if the course is delivered in Georgian). The candidate may submit a syllabus prepared not in IBSU format for the contest.
- Certificate from current/ previous job (other than IBSU) or any document confirming the relevant experience.
- Documentation / Certificate of Participation in Trainings and Conferences (if available)
- Police Clearance Certificate for crime against sexual freedom and inviolability and certificate for the right to be employed at educational institution.
- Copy of international certificate of proficiency in foreign language / Curriculum Matching / Copy of higher education certificate in the foreign language (if required). In the case of a document issued in a foreign language – a notarized translation and copy or a document certifying the lecturing in the relevant language
- Documents confirming a professional merit (if an applicant wishes to occupy a vacant academic position on a professional basis)
The commission is authorized to request the candidate to conduct a sample lecture. The sample lecture is delivered in the language of instruction of the program.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the required documents (hard copy and electronic version) between May 10-19, 2022 (from 14:00 to 16:00) to the Chancellery and Human Resources Management Office of the International Black Sea University.
Contact number: 2595005 (131/132), e-mail: email@example.com
Address: Tbilisi, D. Aghmashenebeli Alley 13th km, # 2.
Attached documents :