International Black Sea University, LLC announces an open contest for the following academic position:
- Professor (1 vacancy for 5 years) – Mathematics; Teaching language – Georgian and English.
Qualification requirements for Professor:
- PhD or equivalent degree in mathematics;
- At least 6 (six) years of scientific-pedagogical experience;
- at least three years of teaching experience working as an associate professor/professor at any higher educational institution recognized by the State.
- Meeting the requirements set forth in the scientific-pedagogical activity report. Collecting at least 100 points (50 points must be collected from academic publications/books);
- besides collecting required points for this position, it is obligatory to fulfill at least any two criteria out of the first component or fulfill the second component:
- At least one published article in the Science Citation Index journal (on paper or electronic)
- Published book (taking into consideration the scientific value of the book that is published by an international publisher or university, the volume shall be a minimum of 100 pages and the book must not be based on the dissertation);
- Coordinating the international scientific-research/educational project;
- Holding educational/scientific experience at a foreign higher educational institution (that is authorized or its equivalent);
- Supervising defended Doctoral Thesis
- Having citation index (h-index) of at least 3 coefficient;
- Holding an international award/patent.
- Exceptional professional achievements in the relevant direction.
- Corresponding language proficiency (at least B2 level);
There is a possibility for qualified personnel to obtain academic position with professional merit. In this case, the qualification of the person may be confirmed by their professional experience, special training and/or publications. A person may be considered as correspondingly qualified if she/he has a qualification necessary for developing learning outcomes and the candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Holds a Ph.D or equivalent degree in a different field;
- A candidate must have significant working experience in the relevant field – at least 10 (ten) years;
- at least 2 publications in the relevant field and/or the field-specific training during the last 5 (five) years; and
- At least 1-year of experience in scientific-teaching work activities in higher educational institutions;
- Corresponding Language proficiency (at least B2 level);
Please note that:
- The criteria defined by the paragraph (b) and (c) are alternative. Complying with the one of them is sufficient. However, complying with the criterion specified in paragraph d) is mandatory aligned with the criteria specified in paragraph b) or c).
- If the candidate holds an academic position without a scientific paper, in accordance with this rule, within 2 (two) years after the signature of the employment contract, the academic staff is obliged to publish at least 1 (one) publication related to the field.
The affiliation agreement will be signed with the consent of the candidate.
Applicants must submit the following documents (in printed and electronic form) to the University:
- Job Application (see attached document)
- Information form – R19F18 (see attached document)
- Copy of ID card. For foreign citizens – notary-approved translation / copy of residential card (if any);
- Notary approved copy of Georgian Diploma and/or notary approved translation of foreign Diploma/relevant certificate. If the diploma is not issued yet, a temporary graduation certificate is necessary. If the diploma is issued by a foreign HEI, it must be recognized under the Georgian legislation by the corresponding body and a copy of the recognition letter is required;
- Document(s) certifying scientific-teaching work experience;
- CV in Georgian and English with at least two references;
- Scientific-pedagogical activities report (R36I1F1 ) (see attached document) (Do not apply to academic staff appointed based on professional merits)
- List of field relevant scientific articles and publications and their copies (during the last 5 years);
- Syllabus in Georgian and English (if the course is delivered in English) or in Georgian (if the course is delivered in Georgian). The candidate may submit a syllabus prepared not in IBSU format for the contest.
- Book of Job Records or certificate from current/previous job (other than IBSU);
- Documentation / Certificate of Participation in Trainings and Conferences (if available);
- Copy of international certificate of proficiency in foreign language / Curriculum Matching / Copy of higher education certificate in the foreign language (if required). In the case of a document issued in a foreign language – a notarized translation and copy or a document certifying the lecturing in the relevant language;
- Documents confirming a professional merit (if an applicant wishes to occupy a vacant academic position on a professional basis)
The commission is authorized to request the candidate to conduct a sample lecture. The sample lecture is delivered in the language of instruction of the program.
Interested applicants are required to submit the documents (hard copy and electronic version) during the period of May 2-8, 202 (from 14:00 to 16:00) to the Chancellery and Human Resources Management Office of the International Black Sea University.
Contact number: 2595005 (131/132), e-mail: email@example.com
Address: Tbilisi, D. Aghmashenebeli Alley 13th km, # 2.