The Center for Teaching Excellence was created in 2014. Its goal is increasing teaching quality via seminars, workshops and research.
The Vice Rector in Education Prof. Dr. Natela Doghonadze is the head. Professors of the Faculty of Education and Humanities are also involved.
At the Center consultations on the corresponding questions may be obtained. On faculty requests workshops are held.
In the fall semester of 2014/2015 the following workshops for IBSU professors involved in BA, MA and PhD supervision were held:
1) Supervising a thesis
2) Conducting an experiment in Education Sciences
Also the following workshops for school teachers (mostly from Caglar network) were held:
1) Difficulties of ELT and ways to overcome them
2) Effective Classroom Management
3) Enjoyable ways of teaching vocabulary
For the spring semester of 2014/2015 the following workshops are planned:
1) Teacher self-development
2) How we should use Technology in Teaching English
3) Assignment in Teaching English