Business Management Faculty together with marketing lecturer Tariel Zivizivadze initiated First Annual Business Plan Competition started in March, 2012 and lasted for 4 months. Originally 40 students, that is, 14 teams submitted applications, who underwent further training in business plan writing as well as effective business presentation. Finally, 8 teams were selected to proceed to the finals.
On June 15, 2012 Business Management Faculty held final presentations of the First Annual Student Business Plan Competition. 8 teams gave pitches on different business ideas. The competition involved freshman, sophomore and junior students of the Business Management Faculty. Participant teams were as follows:
- Levan Paitchadze, Giorgi Shanidze and Akaki Munjishvili – presenting business idea of advertising agency “Partisans”
- Salome Gabrielashvili, Mariam Nutsubidze, Salome Mamrikishvili, and Ana Pkhakadze – presenting business idea of Literature & Diet Healthy Food Cafe “Cozy”
- Mariam Kurdgelashvili and Tamar Chanturia – presenting business idea of wedding planning service
- Tamara Dumbadze, Ana Kartvelishvili, Ekaterine Khaburdzania, and Inara Mamedova presenting business idea of meal delivery service “Halal Food”
- Nino Liparteliani, Ana Todria and Davit Gogia presenting business idea of placing coffee vending machine in IBSU canteen
- Sesili Goglitchidze and Nino Pertaia presenting business idea of “Eat Green @ IBSU” – providing diet dishes at IBSU canteen
- Giorgi Tkemladze and Yalu Koko Wang presenting business idea of event planning service
The jury of the competition included practitioners from Barambo and Sante GMT Products companies, faculty professors as well as IBSU graduates with successful business career. The winner team became the one introducing wedding planning service. Mariami and Tamar were awarded iPad and their business idea received GEL 5,000 funding. 2nd and 3rd places were occupied by the teams presenting “Halal Food” and„Partisans“ who were given IBSU Training Center vouchers. All participants who proceeded to the finals were awarded certificates of participation and 5 ECTScredits.