Over the years, we’ve increased our strength in areas such as artificial intelligence, computer graphics, systems, and digital libraries, while maintaining our depth in traditional areas such as theory, programming languages and scientific computing. Our Ph.D. program is designed for students who wish to pursue research careers, either in academia or in industry. We encourage outstanding students to apply, including those in allied fields who have a strong aptitude in computer science.
The career opportunities for computer science graduates can be classified into a variety of categories such as:
- Research in corporate or university labs
- Advanced product development
- Start-up company based on your Ph.D. research
- Academic career – University-level research/teaching
- Academic career – Undergraduate teaching emphasis
Admission to the Program
A Person is Admitted to the Program if:
- Information about education and practical experience of the applicant (CV)
- The applicant possesses a Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- If s/he passes the university internal exams in English language equivalent to B2
- If s/he Submits and gets positive assessment for PhD dissertation proposal by a commission
- If her/his interview based on the proposal will be assed positively
- Those candidates who have international English language certificate equivalent to B2 level (TOEFL IBT, IELTS and FCE) are not required to take the exam in English language, if according to the program admission requirements English language is considered as a foreign language.
- Those candidates who have graduated from educational program (instruction language – foreign language) during last three years and their GPA is at least 75 (out of 100) or 3(out of 4), are free from passing foreign language examination.
Admission of International Students: www.iro.ibsu.edu.ge
For Georgian Citizens: 3540 GEL
For International Students: 9900 GEL
If you are an IBSU PhD student, you will study a PhD program for free if you have one of the following certifications:
- GMAT minimum score 550 – for PhD in Business Administration;
- IELTS minimum Score 7.5, CAE, CPE – for Doctoral Programs in American Studies and Educational Sciences;
- GRE minimum score 155 – for the PhD program in Computer Science.
In case of having any of the above certificates, you should apply to the University Educational Process Management Service with the necessary documentation. If you do not submit the corresponding application by the end of the registration week, you will automatically lose the right to get a discount in the relevant semester.
According to the decision #50943 of the Board for Accreditation of Educational Programs, the program is accredited until 31/01/2028.
Degree Awarded: Doctor of Engineering in Informatics
Language of instruction: English.
Duration and Credits: 3 years, 180 ECTS
- Program Coordinator: Prof.Dr. Irakli Rodonaia
- Program Co-Coordinator: Dr. Besik Dundua, Dr. Marina Razmadze
- Phone: (+995 32) 2595005/06/07 (151)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Room: A321